Fall Bridge Lift and Arrival Information
* Please note that these bridge clearances may not be accurate due to the high water levels on Lake Michigan and its tributaries.
- 92nd Street Bridge: 19.1'
- 95th Street Bridge: 23.6'
- N/S 5 Railroad Bridge: 23.8’ *
Important Notice: The Railroad Bridge will be undergoing repairs on October 19 thru 30th, Monday through Friday mornings from 8:00am to 1:00pm (weekends are not affected) — bridge lifts will not be available during those times so please plan your arrival accordingly!
Requesting a Bridge Lift
- All 3 bridge tenders monitor Channel 16 and will speak with you on Channel 12.
- Radio the bridges when you get inside the break wall (leaving the lake and entering the river).
- State your boat name and that you have entered the river and are traveling inbound to Skyway Yacht Works’ slip.
- Request a bridge lift from the 92nd Street Bridge, the 95th Street Bridge, and the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge on the Calumet River.
DO NOT follow a commercial vessel through the bridges without contacting the bridge first! If the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge does NOT know a sailboat is traveling under their bridge, it is possible your mast will NOT clear!!
DO NOT travel through the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge until the bridge has been completely raised—it is possible the mast will NOT clear if the bridge is not fully raised!!
**All 3 bridges work together in an effort to make travel up the river run smoothly.
**If you have difficulty with the bridges—call us and we can help!
Arriving at Skyway
When arriving at Skyway in the past our docks were on your port side as you pulled in. Things have changed and docking is now on the opposite side of the Skyway slip! Now, when you arrive you will be docking your boat on its STARBOARD SIDE instead of your port side. Please be prepared with your lines and fenders set on the starboard side of your boat.
- Place your fenders, bow line, stern line, and 2 spring lines on the STARBOARD SIDE of your boat.
- Turn off your battery switch before you step off your boat to leave the boatyard!
- Come into the Skyway office and check-in your boat.