Eco Copper Free Water Based Multi-Season Ablative
Pettit Hydrocoat Eco is a copper-free, water-based ablative paint that combines metal-free biocide Econea with a slime-fighting agent for multi-season protection against all types of marine fouling organisms.
With co-polymer ablative technology, Hydrocoat Eco wears away in a controlled fashion—which eliminates paint build-up over successive haulouts and reduces the need for sanding when the time comes to repaint.
Compared to solvent-based antifouling paints, the water-based formula of Hydrocoat Eco is easier on the environment and on the person who applies it. This fact alone makes Hydrocoat Eco a great choice for applicators who are repelled by the strong solvent smell of other antifouling paints.
Because Hydrocoat Eco does not contain copper, it is also a viable choice for boats that are kept in the water in harbors where copper-based antifouling paints are not permitted.
- Water-based, copper-free, self-polishing ablative antifouling paint
- Dual-biocides provide multi-season protection in all conditions
- Uses the power of organic Econea for better protection and a greener earth
- Co-polymer ablative technology eliminates sanding and paint build up
- Easy application and clean up with soap and water.
- Will not lose effectiveness when removed from the water
- Coverage: 430sq.ft. /gal.
- Active ingredients: Econea (Tralopyril) 6.0%; Zinc Pyrithione 4.8%
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless, or conventional spray
- Number of coats recommended: Two (minimum) with the additional coat at waterline recommended.
- Applicator: High-quality short nap roller (maximum 3/16” nap)
- Thinner: Water