Water-Based Multi-Season Ablative Antifouling Paint
Hydrocoat is the most advanced water-based, multi-season ablative antifouling available. It offers exceptional multi-season protection against all types of fouling. Hydrocoat’s innovative technology replaces the harsh solvents found in most bottom paints with water, resulting in an easier application and clean up, with no heavy solvent smell. Hydrocoat’s ablative surface wears away with use, exposing fresh biocides while eliminating paint build up and the need for sanding. The low-odor formula is so environmentally friendly, it exceeds even the most stringent air pollution regulations. Hydrocoat withstands frequent trailering, beaching, and launching. Its unique formula allows unlimited dry time to launch, so you can paint in the fall or winter.
- Offers outstanding protection against all types of marine fouling
- Contains drag reducing PTFE
- Finish can be burnished to reduce drag
- Allows unlimited dry time to launch
- Reduces the need for sanding at haulout
- Cleans up easily with soap and water
- Easy on the environment and the person who applies it
- Coverage: 430sq.ft. /gal.
- Active ingredients: 40.43% Cuprous oxide
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless, or conventional spray
- Number of coats recommended: 2 Minimum with additional coats at waterline recommended.
- Dry Film Thickness: 1.5 mils (3.75 wet mils)
- Applicator: High-quality short nap roller (maximum 3/16” nap)
- Application temperature: Min. /Max. Range: 50° F. Min/90°F. Max
- Thinner: Water