Outstanding gloss retention, durability and gelcoat-like brilliance characterize this easy-to-apply paint.
EZ-Poxy is a modern, easy-to-apply, one-part polyurethane topside and deck enamel that contains silicone for outstanding brilliance and smooth-flowing application. In addition to silicone, the formula boasts advanced ultraviolet filters for superior gloss retention and durability in the marine environment.
For professional and DIY applicators alike, EZ-Poxy can be applied by brush, roller or spray. Using the “roll and tip” method, do-it-yourselfers can achieve a look that approximates the high-gloss appearance of a sprayed-on finish. EZ-Poxy is for application above the waterline only.
EZ-Poxy can be applied over properly primed fiberglass, wood or metal. The versatile formula can be modified with a variety of additives to customize the result. For example, Pettit offers their Satin Additive #9080 for a semi-gloss look. To create a non-skid deck, add Pettit’s Skidless Compound #9900 prior to application.
- Exceptionally easy, one-part application
- Long-lasting, durable polyurethane finish
- Enhanced with advanced ultraviolet filters
- Superior gloss retention
- Base Formulation: One-part, oil-modified polyurethane
- Finish: High-gloss
- Solids (theoretical): By weight: 62.0% +/- 7%; By volume: 49.6 +/- 2%
- VOC: 394g/l for White (other colors vary slightly)
- Recommended Application Method: Brush, roller, conventional/airless spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2 or more
- Dry Film Thickness/Coat: 1.5 mils (3 wet mils)
- Application Temperature: Minimum: 50°F; Maximum 90°F
- Application Humidity: Minimun: 0%; Maximum: 90%
- Primer Needed: 6149 EZ Prime, Model 538827 (qt.), 316648 (gal.)
- Coverage: 600sq.ft/gal. when brushed
- Thinner: Brush: 120 Brushing Thinner, Model 249961; Spray: 121 Spraying Thinner, Model 249995
- Cleaner: 120 Brushing Thinner