Fresh Water Antifouling Speed Coating
Pettit SR-21 Fresh Water Antifouling Speed Coating is an ultra-thin, super slick, low friction film for boat bottoms. It is the ideal racing finish for freshwater or cold saltwater boats. SR-21 combines copper powder and Irgarol, a slime reducing biocide, to produce an effective, thin antifouling film that prevents the attachment of fouling organisms such as barnacles, bryozoa, toredos, zebra mussels, and algae. SR-21 contains two slicking agents PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) and Molybdenum Disulfide which reduce surface friction allowing the hull to slide through the water. SR-21 is recommended for use on fiberglass, wood and properly primed steel boats. It is easy to apply and dries in 15 minutes. Color changes upon immersion.
- Easy to apply.
- Launch in 15 minutes.
- Super-slick finish contains moly-disulfide and PTFE for increased speed.
- Ultra-thin film technology prevents paint buildup.
- Eliminates sanding between coats.
- Dual biocide controls hard and soft fouling.
- 100% compatible with Interlux VC-17
- Thin-film Solid Lubricant
- Freshwater and cold (low-fouling) saltwater
- 21% Cuprous oxide
- Coverage: 80 sq.ft./qt. kit
- Drying Time: To overcoat (5-20min); To launch (30-120min).
- Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner, Model 249961